Saturday 20 November 2010

Former Oasis drummer tells all

Tony McCarroll,former Oasis drummer wrote a book called Oasis: The Truth which is based on his time in the band

In his book he exposed more about split from the band in 1995 resulted in a legal battle over payment and he unveil more about that and the band's rise to fame.

In his book he also enlightened his troubled relationship with Noel Gallagher.

"The reason I wrote the book in the first place was because of 'Noel Gallagher-isms,'" he told 6 Music. "You know, his one-liners.

"I felt it was about time that I stuck up for myself. There was a bit of bad press out there and I thought, 'right, I'm going to put my side of the story across.'"

The memoirs aren't likely to build any bridges between McCarroll and the Gallaghers - but he says he never expected that.

"I'd be absolutely shocked if there was any kind of reconciliation," he said. "It's the way Noel is. Once you've crossed him, it's hard to go back."

6 Music's Elizabeth Alker spoke to Tony to find out more.

No comments: